High Flow can go from brush to marker or from dip pen to airbrush and more. From fine lines to broad strokes, High Flow Acrylic has an ink-like consistency that lends itself to a wide range of techniques, including staining, leveling, calligraphy, and mixed media. The thin consistency allows for both highly detailed applications and large area gestural painting.
- Pigments vs Dye-High Flow colors are made with pigments that are proven to last, while many other markers and inks use plant-based dyes that are known to fade.
- Water-based– Some graffiti markers use hazardous solvents like xylene; High Flow is water-based, low odor, and cleans up easily with water.
- Archival Integrity-High Flow Acrylics are proven to last for generations, which is important when your art moves from the street into the gallery.
- Automotive: HFAs can be used for custom automotive painting with proper surface preparation and top-coating. The underlying paint layers and topcoat should be intended for automotive applications. The surface should be clean of finger oils and dust, and scuffed sufficiently to allow for proper adhesion. The acrylic paint layers do not need additional sanding in order for the topcoat to adhere. However, allow enough time for the water, retarders and other additives to leave the film prior to clear-coating.
- Exterior Signage/Murals: Any paint color listed in the GOLDEN Application sheet Painting Exterior Murals may be used for outdoor applications. Guidelines for preparation and varnishing are similar to when using other GOLDEN paint lines.
- Wood Staining: The HFAs are suitable for staining wood used for fine art and decorative applications. The pigments offer a wide range of color stain possibilities as well as more opaque layers. Review the GOLDEN Application sheet Woodstaining Objects with GOLDEN Acrylics for more information on this application.
- Fabric/Textile: When blended with GOLDEN GAC 900 or GOLDEN Silkscreen Fabric Gel (heat-settable mediums designed to improve launderability and softness of hand. Start with 1:1 ratios of paint to GAC 900/Silkscreen Fabric Gel, and adjust as needed. Follow the GOLDEN Application Sheet GOLDEN Acrylics on Fabrics for further guidance.
Detail product specification, color code and volumn choice, please visit Golden official website :